Interesting facts about Rezekne
- As Rome, Rezekne is built on 7 hills.
- The Rezekne river unites two largest Latvian lakes: Razna and Lubans.
- Rezekne is a city where the Latvian state began in 1917.
- The Rezekne Old Believers’ prayer hall keeps the second heaviest bell in the Baltic States that weights 4,832 kg.
- The Embassy of Latgale GORS is one of the best acoustic concert halls in the Baltic States.
- The Latgale Culture and History Museum hosts the largest collection of Latgalian ceramics in the world.
- The area of a 4-plane roof of the building of Eastern Latvian Creative Services Centre Zeimuls totals to 3 thousand m².